Saturday 25 June 2016

80,000 views

In celebration of reaching 80,000 page views, here is a brand new sculpture I created to print on my new 3D printer. I started from this photo found on Pinterest. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to identify the model or the photographer. If anyone has any information, please let me know.



I use Daz Studio 4.9 to create a pose using the Olympia 7 model and Sally G3 hair. Here is the model in the Daz Studio interface.



After exporting the model from Daz Studio I used Project Miller to reskin the model and Blender to shrink-wrap the hair. I did a considerable amount of work using the sculpt tools in Blender to improve the look and shape of the hair whilst keeping it as printable as possible. Here is a screen grab of the final STL file.




I recently upgraded to a BigBox3D from E3Donline and here is the model printed using grey Edge filament.







A nice addition to the collection!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice work you do, you've inspired me to try something along these lines once I become a little more familiar with a couple different modeling programs. I feel I'm at a point where I have the printing itself and my machine dialed in. Have you considered using actual wood PLA's and manually varying the nozzle temps a bit throughout the bring to get natural looking color variations? It seems that the natural layering effect of 3d printing would actually look good and logical in a wood print. At some point I will try this and make a piece for my mothers collection. She has collected nude sculptures in stone, brass and other materials for years and I think she would appreciate one from the printer in a nice material, especially knowing it was the only copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi super work. I am modeling myself in DAZ 4.9 can you make a small contribution, how exactly do you do with the hair? Have you ever tried to print the figures with clothing from DAZ?

    With kind regards
    mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regarding the hair, have a read through this post. http://3dprintednudes.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/shame.html And for my experiences with trying to print clothing, have a look here. http://3dprintednudes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/bridge-printed.html

    ReplyDelete